Better Place

 



     2020 was a tough year. We are about to celebrate American Thanksgiving. People celebrate that holiday in many ways and for many reasons. For me, it is a time to reflect on those things that I am most grateful for. Living a life filled with gratitude serves as a reminder of all the positive things in your life, even when things seem hopeless.

     Even in a year when meeting new people seemed impossible, I found a way. Some I met during the lull in Covid cases at the end of spring. Others I met through mutual friends through online chats all over the country. Still others came from some online/small groups that I attended throughout the year.

     One amazing thing that happened this year was that friends I had met earlier reached out to rekindle those friendships. Friendships ebb and flow. Never be surprised to see a friend come back after a long time. (I need to stop deleting them from my phone, that's too pessimistic!)

     My long time friends were also great. Many texts,  phone calls, and video chats kept me sane all year. We talked about how different life was, and all the ways we've changed. I had a job change in the middle of all of this and had so much support. I don't think the words "thank you" could ever be adequate for all the support that I received. 

     I even reconnected with family from my Dad's side after many years. He passed away so long ago that I forgot how much family I still have in the Chicago area.

     I thought about how fortunate I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. Covid could not break those connections. Some people made me laugh and some made me cry. All reminded me that I am not alone. 

     Just when I thought that Thanksgiving was ruined, I realized it was just a little different this time. How could it be ruined when all these people made my life a better place than I ever thought possible during a pandemic?

Thank you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Monstruo